Passion Inc. (“us”, “our” and “we”) thanks you for your interest in RankMyInternship.com and such other products, services, features and content which we may offer from time to time (collectively, the “Services”).
We value the privacy of those who visit and use the Services (individually, “you” or collectively, “Users”). We take your privacy seriously and make it a priority to protect personal information that we obtain from and about our Users.
- what personal information we collect;
- how and why your personal information is used;
- to whom your personal information may be disclosed;
- how we protect your personal information;
- updating, accessing, and retaining your personal information, and
- providing or withdrawing your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
- What Personal Information We Collect
When you fill out registration forms, reviews, or click on links within our website, you will know what information we are collecting because you are actively submitting it. Occasionally, we change our offerings and features, thereby changing the options you have to provide us with personal information. The following are some examples of instances where you may decide to provide personal information to us:
- Creating an account;
- Signing up for email alerts;
- Completing a form related to one of our services;
- Contacting us for technical support or customer service.
- Session cookies:
- Session cookies store information only for the length of time that you are connected to a website – they are not written onto your hard drive. Once you leave the website, they expire and are no longer active. We use session cookies to record certain information from your browser including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, operating system and the dates and times that you use the Services. Additionally, we may record certain information regarding your use of features on the Services. Session cookies allow us to gather statistical data which provides insight into how we may improve our products and services and to identify your current session to our web server.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies store information on your hard drive and can be re-read when you return to the site that placed them on your hard drive. We use persistent cookies to remember your preferences and to help block unauthorized attempts to access your Personal Information.
- Location information. We may collect and store information about your location if you enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information. You may be able to change the settings on your computer or mobile device to prevent it from providing us with such information.
- Third-Party Web Beacons. We may also implement third-party content on the Services that uses "clear gifs," "web beacons" or other similar techniques, which allow third-party content providers to read and write cookies to your browser, or implement similar tracking mechanisms, in connection with your viewing of that third-party content displayed on the Services. This information is collected directly by the third-party, and we do not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by third parties in this manner is subject to that third-party's own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
- Your relationship with us. We will collect information arising from your relationship with and through us and your use of the Services. For example, we will maintain a record of your reviews, transaction and payment history. As well, when you send us an e-mail, speak with one of our telephone service representatives, or communicate with us through any other means, we may monitor, record and retain those communications for our mutual protection and to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Visiting from Other Sources. Should you come to Rank My Internship through other websites, social media platforms, or with devices that enable third parties to collect information from or about you, such third parties receive information about you subject to their privacy policies.
- Do not track signals. We do not currently respond to 'do not track' signals and similar settings or mechanisms. When you use Rank My Internship, we try to provide a customized experience.
- How and Why Your Personal Information is Used.
- To Serve you. We use the Personal Information you provide or that we collect to provide our products and services to you and to establish and enhance our relationship with you. We use the Personal Information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide our products and services. The Services allow you to register and submit feedback. Should you choose to submit feedback, you consent to us contacting you by way of follow-up e-mail or phone call to discuss your feedback. Similarly, if you contact us with a question regarding your account, you give us permission to review your account to the extent necessary to answer your question. We do not review accounts of Users unless asked to do so by the User.
- Aggregate Information. We may generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from the information you provide during registration for our products and services and through your use of our products and services. Non-identifying and aggregate profiles are used to improve the quality of our products and services and to develop new products and services. Aggregated non-personally identifying information may be shared with third parties.
- Marketing and Experience. We may use your Personal Information to provide you with information about our features, services and other offerings that may be of interest to you. This information may be provided to you by mail, phone, and/or, email. We may also send information, surveys, or offers to you on behalf of other businesses if you have given us permission to do so. We may share your Personal Information with certain websites that we link to, to the extent that you click on such links, to enhance your experience in connection with the Services.
- Moderate and Publish Reviews. We will moderate and publish your reviews, responses, and other content you submit to Rank My Internship
- To provide recruiting services to employers
If you have signed up as an employer, we will send you email messages relating to your account at the email address you have included in your employer profile.
- To whom your personal information may be disclosed
We do not disclose your individual account or usage data to third parties, except as follows:
- To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our Website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- How we protect your personal information
Security. We employ electronic, physical, and managerial measures to safeguard the information we collect online. However, no company can fully eliminate security risks, so we cannot make guarantees about any part of our services. You are responsible for keeping your username and password secret. Once you have registered with us, we will never ask you for your password. Please create a unique password for Rank My Internship and do not use it for any other web services or applications. Do not share your password with anyone else.
If you enter credit card information on Rank My Internship in connection with a purchase, that information is sent directly from your browser to the third-party service provider we use to manage credit card processing, and we do not store it on our servers. The service provider is not permitted to use the information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
Privacy of Minors. Minors must obtain parental consent to use Rank My Internship. Minors under 13 years of age are expressly prohibited from using Rank My Internship or providing any personal information, and if detected, their accounts will be immediately terminated. If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us using the information below.
5.Updating, Accessing and Retaining your Personal Information.
- Updating and Accessing your Personal Information. If you setup an account through the Services, you may access, update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by logging into your account.
- Retention of your Personal Information. We retain your Personal Information only as long as it is required for the reason(s) that it was collected. This length of time will vary depending on the product or service and the nature of the information and may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us. When your information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected, we will destroy, delete, erase or convert it to an anonymous form.
- Providing or withdrawing your consent.
You may withdraw your consent provided that: you provide reasonable notice; we are not legally required to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information; and withdrawing your consent does not impede our ability to fulfill our obligations to you. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our staff will be pleased to contact you to explain your options and any consequences of refusing or withdrawing your consent and record your choices.
The only form of communication you may not opt out of are service-related announcements we deem necessary. If you do not wish to receive these announcements, you have the option to deactivate your account.
Closing your account
Log in and visit your account settings page If you would like to delete your Rank My Internship account entirely. Once your account is deleted, you will no longer have full access to the reviews and interviews. Moreover, and any other content you have submitted will be pulled from the site. Any personal information collected will be deleted from our active databases but may remain in our archives for legal and back-up purposes, as permitted by applicable law.
If you are a User outside of Canada, please note that we process your Personal Information on our servers in Ontario, Canada. In some cases, we process your Personal Information outside your own country. Therefore, Canadian federal and provincial governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in Canada. Your use of the Services or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your own country.
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important to us. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information of Minors. If you are an individual, by accessing or using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract. If we learn that Personal Information of Minors has been inadvertently collected on the Services without parental or guardian consent, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that a minor for which you are responsible has registered an account with the Services without your consent, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete such person’s Personal Information from our systems.
Complaints and Questions
Last Revised: May 2, 2017.